I love jam, but don't love the added corn syrup, sugar, and preservatives that it usually has. Thanks to The Kitchn, there's an easy, healthy way to make delicious jam. Check out my version of their chia jam below.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sumac
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Combine the cherries, strawberries, sumac and red pepper flakes in a pot with 2 tablespoons water.
- Over medium heat, let the fruit boil and break down. Once softened, smash the fruit to your liking.
- Add the lemon juice and honey, stirring until well combined.
- Once syrup-y and relatively thickened, remove from heat.
- Add chia seeds and let thicken (about 5-10 minutes).
- Let cool and store in glass container in the fridge.