Spirulina is a blue green algae bursting with nutrition benefits including:
- Detoxing heavy metals like arsenic from the body
- Helps the body grow beneficial gut bacteria
- Contains a pigment called Phycocyanin which has antihypertensive effects (aka may lower blood pressure)
- Surprisingly high in protein.
Spirulina has an earthy, light flavor, making it perfect for tossing into smoothies and drinks. This here is my very green, nourishing spinach spirulina smoothie.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 serving organic vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon natural almond butter
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao nibs+more to top
- bee pollen to top (optional)
Blend on high for 2-3 min!