I love granola. It's crunchy, sweet, salty, rich and perfect for topping smoothies and yogurts with. I love granola even more when it's high in anti-inflammatory, health promoting nutrients so it serves as more than just a tasty topping.
This version is LOADED with antioxidants, healthy fats to curb cravings and keep your blood sugar stable, and alll the delicious goodies usually found in granola, sans the processed sugars and inflammatory omega 6 fats. I hope you enjoy!
- 2.5 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly broken up
- 1 cup raw walnuts, roughly broken up
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 scoops organic chocolate protein powder (optional)
- 2 scoops collagen powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 egg whites
Heat your oven to 300 F.
Combine all chocolate sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Add more olive oil if it's dry (it should be slightly runny).
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and incorporate until all dry ingredients are well coated.
On a sheet pan, disperse granola so that its flat and tightly packed and about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Use two pans if you need. Place in the oven for about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Leave in the oven to cool for extra crunchiness. Break apart and behold all of the AMAZING chunks. <3