This oatmeal is rich, naturally sweet and so satisfying. Made with whole oats, almond milk and a few other simple ingredients, it comes together in minutes.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4-1 cup water (depending on how thick you like it)
- 1 scoop organic vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (flax meal)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon natural nut butter of choice (to top)
- 1/2 cup berries (to top)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (to top, optional)
In a pot, combine the oats, almond milk and water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and mix. Add the protein powder, flax, vanilla extract, cinnamon and sea salt and let cook until the desired consistency. When ready, bowl it up and top with nut butter, berries and hemp seeds. If you want a touch more sweetness, add a light drizzle of pure maple syrup or raw honey.